Policies and Procedures
A policy is a written statement of how you will carry out your group’s work.
It is a good idea to put together a staff handbook for volunteers and employees that contains the policies and procedures for your organisation.
- Health and Safety
- Equal Opportunities for employees and volunteers (separate)
- Vulnerable Adult Protection
- Child Protection
- Criminal Records Checks
- Recruitment and Employments of Ex-Offenders
- Information Management and Security
- Social Media
- Equality and diversity
- Bullying and harassment
- Discipline / dismissal and grievance
- Training and development
- Use of work email, internet and phone
- Smoking, drugs and alcohol
- Expenses and benefits
- Sickness and Absence.
- Maternity and paternity
It’s important to keep the staff handbook up-to-date with relevant contact details and updates to the policies and procedures as they change over time.
There are lots of organisations who can help you write your policies and procedures. Visit the links section to find out more.